For a Quick Reference

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lesson on Forgiveness


For FHE last week I made an object lesson using a trail of yarn along the floor. It wound around furniture and led up the stairs. 

We asked the children to try following the trail while walking backwards. It was frustrating and was completed only haltingly. I compared this to living life without forgiving others. If we're facing the past and holding on the grievances, we can't focus on the future and enjoy life. 

We read the scripture where Jesus teaches his apostles to forgive all men. 

They tried the obstacle course again and walked facing forward this time. It was so much more fun and they giggled. They told me that it's fun to enjoy life when you can look forwards and stop focusing on what's behind you. I'm sure I should say something witty here about the innocent wisdom of children....but I can't think of of it now. I'm just happy they understood the point I was trying to make. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, where do you come up with all of your amazing ideas? Mind if I borrow this one, too? Hope you're feeling better this week! :-)

Unknown said...

What a great lesson! I admire your ingenuity. Looking forward to blogging with you on HSV.

April