For a Quick Reference

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Great Expectations

I've been sick all week, barely managing to drag myself to our home school co-op classes that are held in the next town over. Teaching Art Class this week really did me in.

I don't have time to be sick.

I have children to teach, a home to clean, contractors coming to fix our rotting wall (yes....it's still not fixed, contractors are all very busy cleaning up the aftermath of storm Hermine), a large festival to face paint in this weekend, business cards to re-order (after spending over an hour placing an order earlier), insurance claims to decode, church callings to fill, a sister going through a mid-life crisis at the age of 19, etc.

I feel overwhelmed. Each day this week I've stayed in bed until after 9:00am. And I've taken naps. I'm so tired of being sick.

I'll make a confession. This is the first time I've envied my friends who send away their children to public school. How horrible is that? I feel inadequate.

I need this persistent illness to leave my body so I can tackle what lies before me. I've decided that I need to stay in bed this afternoon and read some Charles Dickens. Ironically, I'm reading "Great Expectations".



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, you poor girl, I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself.