For a Quick Reference

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sarah's finished pioneer reenactment costume

I finished this weeks ago, but forgot to upload a picture. This is what Sarah wears to the historical reenactments at Pioneer Farm. The pattern closely resemble period-appropriate style. There are growth tucks along the hems on the dress and pantaloons, so she could wear the same dress until she was 12 and theoretically it would still fit, since you would just unpick a growth tuck and it would add 3 inches to the length of the dress.

I sewed pants with drawstring waistlines for the little boys out of dark brown linen, and remade a couple shirts to change the collars to period styles. It's been so much fun watching everyone dress up!

I still need to sew Nathan a waistcoat and I still need my dress to be made. I have the fabric for my dress, but I haven't had the time to sew it yet. I've been trying to get finished with a plethora of other priorities. Until then, I'm borrowing costumes from the farm. Unfortunately today the only dress that fit was a flannel one. It was much too hot by the afternoon!  I'm motivated again to bump the dress towards the top of my priority list.

1 comment:

Karina said...

Seriously? Why are you so talented?! You rock.