For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Grandpa visits!

Grandpa Kingsley came to visit! (Okay, this actually happened almost a month ago, and I forgot to post it...) It was such a treat to have him over! He drove up from a conference in San Antonio so he could spend an evening with his grandkids. How nice! The children spent all afternoon making pictures and cards for him. I took pictures of my favorite ones...
Sarah wrote 'Welcome to Texas!' and drew all the things that she thought symbolized our state: a hot sun, longhorn cattle, coyote, lizards, cactus, and vultures (eating the obligatory dead longhorn cow, and circling in the sky).

I loved the picture with the entire family, especially Nathan's beard and Larry's pristine head.
The next day Nathan and I drove to San Antonio so we could spend a few more precious hours with Larry before he flew back to New Hampshire. We went out to a Cajun restaurant then strolled along the Riverwalk. It was so nice to talk and hear stories of Larry's childhood. We really appreciated his time. He had  such a busy schedule and we felt incredibly special that he would take the time to drive up to visit us! Thanks Dad!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

The "died" cow and vulture crack me up!!! I love how Sarah's mind works! Lucky Grampy!