For a Quick Reference

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fabric

Okay, I get irrationally excited over fabric. Skip this post if you don't care about it. Here are some of the fabrics I'm working with lately...

This is my favorite one. I plan to use it to make Sarah a late Colonial-era ball gown. Think of Felicity from the American Girls books....she has a similar pattern on her dress on the cover of the first book. The total cost for this ball gown will likely be $20.

These are all wool blends and suitings for waistcoats. Waistcoats look like a vest. Nathan and the boys will wear these, and these are intended to be the 'working' vests, so they have muted colors and plain patterns. In the rare occasion that we would do a ball or other special occasion, Nathan would wear a silk waistcoat, and paisley patterns were very popular during the time we reenact, so he'd likely have a bright paisley. (Isn't that weird to think about?)

This is the fabric for my own dress. It was on clearance at the fabric store, so the entire dress costs only $20. Not bad!

Sarah is always very hot and hates wearing clothing that restricts the air flow around her body. She hates pants and literally wears skirts everyday. I really liked some fabrics on sale at the store, so I bought them and made a couple play dresses for this summer. The dress is very breathable and perfect for hot Texas summers.

1 comment:

5boystokiss said...

This is so Fun!! I am excited for your family. You are all so cute, and what perfect memories you are making. Thanks for inspiring me.