For a Quick Reference

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nathan's Poetry


I realized that I've neglected to share much of Nathan's poetry on this site, so I'll add them bit by bit. I love the beauty of poetry! I feel like I'm the heroine in the play 'Cyrano de Bergerac' each time I read his beautiful words. What a neat talent to be the benefactress of!

Interrogatives

How do you see me when I'm not nearby?
What foibles do you recall?
When do you miss me when we say 'goodbye'?
When do you miss me at all?

How to secure a firm place in your life?
Where can I find your heart's key?
How to be worthy to call you my wife?
What sort of man should I be?

When you think back on the time spent with me,
How many times do you muse:
"What stunning example of manhood is he!
Whom better could ever I choose?"

What poet's power consoles those apart?
How to bring peace with a pen?
How could but words soothe my lonely-filled heart?
When will I see you again?

When next we are near let it not be the same,
What passion, our past, will eclipse!
How sweet it will be when you call out my name,
What thrill your caress on my lips.

Why waste time with asking and not begin here?
How happier we'll be then!
Who gladder, than I, will be when I hear:
"How lovely to see you again!"

No comments: