For a Quick Reference

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Starry Night

Mr. Kingsley and me enjoying Temple Square in Salt Lake City
Last night I had a hot date with my sweetheart.* 

We strolled arm-in-arm down rows of colorful paint and tools at Lowes. 

Ah.....the joys of running errands without children! (Actually, I love him so much it doesn't ever matter WHERE we go on dates. Any time together is magical. The setting and scenery are usually inconsequential as long as I get to intertwine my fingers with his.)

I should clarify that I adore our Littles and spend my life serving them, but it's honestly still  a treat to get away from the chatter and squeals and (usually chaotic) noise.

We enjoyed a dinner of Mexican street tacos after shopping for our ongoing home improvement projects.

I love the way he opens doors for me- whether we are on a date or not. I love being married to a gentleman!

He never fails to make me feel like royalty as he helps me into the car and presses my fingers tenderly to his lips before he closes the door.

On the ride home the stars were so breathtaking.

I love living far away from any towns. The night sky is unbelievable. I always squint my eyes, as if that can help me see even more of the stars that are just beyond my view in the darkness.

 I rolled down the window and stuck my head out, feeling the wind whip my hair away from my smiling face. It was exhilarating. The dark silhouettes of trees and fields zipped past me, making a blur of shapes.

I closed my eyes and felt the wind dance on my skin. It was so tempting to yell into the dark, "I love you, Texas!"


Life is good.


(*The picture has nothing to do with our date....I just liked it and wanted to share.)


1 comment:

Nathan said...

What is the rude gesture the baby is making to the camera!?