For a Quick Reference

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Feeding the Flocks

What do you do on a Sabbath day during a family reunion? 

After attending church with my parents we skipped over to the beautiful Idaho Falls temple.

After touring the temple grounds and Visitors Center, we headed across the Snake River to play.

We came armed with bags of popcorn to feed the flocks of geese.

My mind is full of frequent memories feeding these flocks throughout my childhood. 

I has such a sentimental stroll down memory lane while I watched my own children enjoy feeding these birds.
After arriving home, we gathered around the piano and sang sacred hymns.

It was so peaceful and so invigorating to hear our voices combine in harmony and swell heavenward with songs of praise. 

My heart was so full today.

Read more about the blessings of LDS temples here.

No comments: