For a Quick Reference

Monday, July 23, 2012

Lakeside birthday party

 
Editor's note: In honor of my sweet husband, the text in this post will not be centered or colored. It drives him crazy. (Laughing: see what *great* sacrifices I make for my sweetheart?)

Does colored or centered text bother you as well? I'm curious!) 

We celebrated my niece's birthday at Rigby Lake in Idaho. It's a crisply cold lake with sandy beaches (although I suspect they trucked in the sand to create the beach- I'm sure it's not native!) and beautiful soft grass fields (Can I mention here how much I LOVE the soft grass of northern climates? I revel in its sweet smell and soft texture on my bare toes. I lie on it luxuriously every time I visit the Northern States. Imagine making a snow angel...that's what I do on Idaho grass!)

We were surrounded with delicious picnic food, a colorful pinata, bubbles dancing on the wind, rainbow birthday cake, a watermelon sculpted like a shark (what awesome skills my sibs have!), and sandcastles.

Oh, and sand. In everything.
 
Sarah and Matthew swam completely across the lake with their Aunt Lisa and Uncle Blaine. I was impressed, so they repeated this feat several times during the afternoon.

As for me, after one curious toe-dipping test in the water, I quickly retreated up the beach far away from the water's edge. The water was C-O-L-D. 

I was happy to sit with some of my sisters on the sand and watch the action from afar. Cold water is really not my thing!

Diego happily ate a lifetime supply of silica while exploring the beach. I did my part by keeping him out of the seaweed...er, lakeweed?




1 comment:

G said...

I have mixed feelings about the centered and colored text. I wouldn't do it as often as you do, but it makes your blog very uniquely you! I think I mind the the centered text more than the colors. The centered is a little hard to read sometimes. But not catastrophically so ;)