For a Quick Reference

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Matthew the Balloon Man

balloon man, party balloons

 I've always wanted to try my hand at cotton candy spinning, haven't you?

Nathan and I volunteered to man the cotton candy machine at a party we attended this week.

Unfortunately, the wind was quite happy to join the fun at the party. 

Have you ever spun cotton candy on a windy day?

Strands of sugar coated my hair, adding fine blue highlights. Bits of pink fluff stuck to my arms, my sweater, my face. I looked like a pink and blue hairy monster who crawled out from under a child's bed. 

Do you know what happens when you try to wash off cotton candy? It melts into sugary goo that readily smears with each swipe of a washcloth.

It was SO sticky!

On the plus side, I was able to indulge my weakness for cotton candy. After the kids had eaten their fill, I made a large batch just for me. 

Oh heavens- I love that stuff!

Later, Matthew eagerly volunteered to be the Balloon Man.

pretty balloons, texas balloons

He really enjoyed passing out helium balloons to all the party guests. 

Little girls would squeal in delight and run up to him, jumping up and down in eagerness
 while begging for a balloon in their favorite color.


Pick balloons, helium balloons, outdoor balloons

We enjoyed hours of bounce house fun, hot and buttery popcorn, cotton candy (aka- ambrosia), a giant pinata, helium balloons, and delicious food.

Through it all, Matthew's favorite part was being the balloon man. 

He said, "I love this job! I'm the Balloon Man from Curious George! This is awesome!"

party balloons, birthday balloon




No comments: