For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Sound of Silence

Anyone there?

(Crickets chirp in the silence.)

I thought so. 

I know. 

I haven't been here for ages.

I don't blame you for leaving for greener pastures.

Good news!  I'm finally emerging from my black hole.

I hear you asking, "What happened?"

During the Christmas break, I made a rule for myself of zero blogging. 

I wanted to soak up every minute of having my children home from school.

We really enjoyed our vacation time together.

After school started again, we all caught the influenza virus. 

This year the virus is really nasty.

The virus loved our accommodations and wanted to move in to stay.

We spent a lot of time cuddled under blankets or playing quiet games like chess.





After I spent 5 long days sick in bed, the pile on dirty laundry was big enough to rival Mount Everest.

Depressing, eh what?

Nathan came home from work and stayed up until 2 am conquering our laundry for me. 

He also deep cleaned the kitchen while I slept in a feverish stupor.

He's such an angel!

We are finally -FINALLY!- getting better.

I'm slowly returning to normal.


Now I'll begin the task of catching up on here.

There's so much to update:

Our new Christmas traditions that encourage our children to make a positive difference in the world,

Several project updates (like the Hogwarts reading fort I made for our kids for Christmas),

Our bathroom renovation updates
 (the shower is DONE DONE DONE!!! I'm totally doing my happy dance over this one!),

new quilts in the works for our boys bedroom,

and our batch of 100 new chicks arriving in the mail.



I'll start updating right away. 

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your day!



No comments: