For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas tree magic


Diego is irrepressibly drawn to our Christmas tree the way moths are attracted to lights.

It's where he hangs out every day for hours. I don't blame him. 

Who can resist the magic of  bright ornaments and twinkling lights?



He'll very carefully cup his beensy hands around a glowing light bulb, exclaiming in high-pitched tones how excited he is.  He squeals repeatedly, "Look! Look! LOOK!", with each flash of color emitted by the teeny bulb in his chubby fingers. 

I love it!


Christmas is so magical indeed! I'm so thankful I get to observe the wonder of a child experiencing their first Christmas. (No, last year doesn't count. He was too little to be aware of the celebration.)


Here's our Christmas tree this year. Yeah....it doesn't quite fit. 

See how smashed it is against the ceiling? 



If it was a real tree, I'd trim the top. But....it's fake, and there's no cutting through this metal tree trunk.

Ah well. 

It works for us.

I hope your Christmas season is delightful!

No comments: