For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Tuesdays and Tomato Soup


How was your day yesterday? 

Tuesday is my day in town to run errands and attend meetings for my church calling.

I try to finish as many errands as I can squeeze into one weekly trip. The grocery store, mechanic, hardware store, doctor's office, and farm supply store all call my name.It all must happen before Diego's morning nap time. That beensy window of time doesn't give me much to work with, but I do what I can with it.

Tuesday is also the weeknight that I coach a team for Destination Imagination, a creative academic competition. (Look it up sometime, especially if you have kids. It's really really neat.) The coaching is somewhat like herding cats on the rough days, and more like watching Da Vinci create a new machine on the good days. Totally worth it.

Sarah and Matthew are on the team with 4 other friends. Right now they are designing costumes, learning sewing skills, and building prototypes for a wind-powered kinetic work of art. It's neat to see what they can create.

A cold front hit Texas this week, dropping temps to the frigid 30's. Sarah is in heaven. She adores cold weather. 

She's our Texan Penguin- always wishing for snow and giggling in exhilaration anytime she can dance in freezing rains. I, on the other hand, am wearing three sweaters each day and still shivering. Pathetic, I know.

This is the only time of year we eat soups, since it's too hot in the summer for soup of any kind. Diego has a cast of adoring fans who hover near him at every meal, waiting for a tasty morsel. He loves having a captive audience. He'll dramatically hold up a piece of food and watch the cats try to get it.

We found out this week that Saffron, our cat, loves a good tomato bisque. After finishing his own dinner, Diego wanted to share the last few bites with his fans. He laughed and laughed each time Saffron lapped up the spoonful of soup.


Isn't it cute?

I hope your Wednesday is wonderful!

No comments: