For a Quick Reference

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ug.

So, the deal is off. I was so gung-ho about our month of no grocery trips, but we've all gotten very very sick last week. All bets are off. Really, how could you explain to a child that they can't have comfort foods like applesauce when they have the flu, all because of some arbitrary goal the mother set? I couldn't deny them in their hours of sickness. And, YES, I feel like a failure.

Add that to the fact that I myself have been sick as a dog, so that really took away any motivation I had for...well...EVERYTHING. I spent yesterday delirious and only sometimes coherent. I couldn't even get out of bed.  I'm so sorry to the people that called me on the phone last night. I have absolutely no memory about our conversation, and I have no idea if we made any plans together. I'll be calling all the numbers on my Caller ID back today to find out what we discussed so I don't break any promises I might have made when I was barely conscious.

I am SO THANKFUL for such a sweet husband. He made the children popcorn and put on a slew of movies for them downstairs so they could have a party, then he tirelessly stroked my face and hair and comforted me while my body was racked with pain and fever. He rubbed my sore muscles. He was so kind to pile on blankets when I was chilled, only to cherrfully remove them 15 seconds later when I was feverish. Then I'd want the blankets again and he'd tuck me in again. It was an endless cycle all night. I tried to order him away so he could do something he would find enjoyment in, but he stayed by my side all night, ministering to my every need. I know this was all difficult for him, for he himself has been very sick and I'm sure he wanted to just curl up and sleep. What a priceless companion to be blessed with! I LOVE YOU MY DARLING!!!

No comments: