For a Quick Reference

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Jane Austen Tea Party

 
 
For our book club I hosted a Jane Austen tea party night. I completely forgot about taking fun pictures, so these are the only pictures I have of the evening. It was good fun and we enjoyed discussing Jane Austen's books and the historical traditions surrounding British tea time. My friend Ashely came dressed in a Regency gown, with her hair in period curls, and shared some of her neat knowledge regarding Jane Austen's life. She also cooked a bunch of yummy tea treats using the recipes from the Austen family cook's book. It was SO delicious! We had a variety of scones, muffins, clotted cream, fruits, cakes, cookies, and candies. YUM! It was so fun to have a girls' night with good friends.

3 comments:

Natalia said...

what a fun idea!

Kathryn said...

That looks like a LOT of fun!! How ever do you come up with these ideas? Happy Anniversary by the way!!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I never remember anyone's birthdays or anniversaries.....I'm impressed that you do!