For a Quick Reference

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Family Portraits

One of my art students had a parent who runs a photography business. We agreed to swap a semester of art lessons for one full family photography session. Boy howdy did I want to do this swap. Our last professional family portraits were shot almost 4 years ago! It was far past time to update our walls.

We shot pictures in a town nearby where there was a lot of variety for quaint urban scenes, and my friend did such a great job working with the kids. I'm so excited to print these babies off and use them in our home.
























So we learned an important lesson during this photo shoot: always shoot the family group photo first. The next picture was taken at the VERY end of the shoot, when we had been taking pictures for over an hour during a hot Texas summer day when we'd all rather be indoors in the AC. The bugs were inescapable and biting like crazy by this point (see Daniel scratching his leg with his foot?), people were thirsty and the water bottles were all empty long ago (see how disgruntled Matthew is about that?) and we were all 'done' with taking pictures.

Bah.

I won't be hanging this one on our wall, and it's a shame I can't crop the picture so it just is a snapshot of Sarah and Joseph, they look so cute.

Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get another art student with a photographer for a parent and we can swap again. We'll see.


Overall, I'm still quite pleased with the portrait session and I'm thankful we had the chance to do them. I'm printing off our favorites today and mounting them on our family picture wall. It amazes me how quickly these Littles are growing! 


No comments: