For a Quick Reference

Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Days and Family Time

Daniel reads Diego stories all afternoon

Summer is such a magical time for families! In the words of Daniel, 
"I love summer! Everyday is Saturday!"

I love the quiet days of summer. The children spend so much more time playing together and strengthening eternal relationships.

Daniel and Matthew really adore playing with Diego. It warms my heart to see my boys lovingly playing games with their baby brother, or cuddling up with board books, or teaching him new words. Diego looks up to his big brothers so much, and they can persuade him to eat dinner even when I can't.


I love watching them take such joy in spending time together! Matthew can really make Diego laugh. Matthew uses a quick sleight-of-hand to 'magically' transform one toy into a different toy. Diego would squeal in delight each time his cow was turned into a dinosaur, and he tried so hard to figure out Matthew's secrets.


 Diego loves watching and 'helping' me when I practice my magic tricks. He dramatically waves his hands and yells, "Abba Dabba!" before pulling out my magic scarves from a bag. He's always so shocked when I make an object disappear, and he'll gasp theatrically and hang his mouth open in shock. Then he checks his pockets, hands, and ears for the missing object before pulling up his shirt to check if his bellybutton is hiding it.

It's super cute. Trust me on this.

Earlier this month I did three magic shows at our local elementary schools. Diego accompanied me to one show, and the fourth-grade girls considered him the star of the show when he started 'doing magic' to make quarters appear. 
 
Last night at bedtime Sarah asked me to stay up late chatting. Actually, she lured me in the the promise of foot rubs. Ooo, that girl knows my weak spots. On the couch were three piles of laundry calling my name, waiting to be folded.....but I ignored them to spend time with Sarah instead.

It was delightful, giving each other foot massages while I listened to her chat. She shared thoughts from her heart, and I was reminded once again how quickly she is growing up. I don't have a little girl anymore, even though in my heart I think I'll always see her as my little girl. She's changing into a beautiful young lady. Once again, I had the thought that she is a remarkable person. I'm excited to see what her life holds in the coming years.

It was a delightful day, cherishing my Little Ones and trying to capture these happy moments before they aren't Little anymore. Life happens so quickly, I hope to always remember to savor magical moments like this.

No comments: