For a Quick Reference

Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween face painting ideas

Just in time for Halloween! Here are some of my favorite Halloween face painting ideas.


Try painting a spooky pumpkin pattern like this one. This one can be made using eyeshadows as the background and a good liquid eyeliner for the black pattern. You don't have to have high-quality face paints to get good results on some of these patterns.


Princesses don't need face paints, right? Wrong! 
I love adding a face painted masquerade mask to a princess costume. 


Can skull paintings still be feminine? Kinda sorta. This was my attempt at making a 'girly skull'. 


It's fun to paint exposed muscle tissue for an interesting costume.  There is supposed to be an illusion of skin stretched across the face and stapled in place over the exposed facial muscles. This one is a bit tricky, and I'm not very good at it. I still need practice on this one.


Even fairies can add face paint for a colorful twist to their costume. 


I love painting eye masks. 
Masks compliment almost any outfit and make a great costume addition.

This is a mask I wore with an elf costume.
This one was painted entirely with eye shadow and eyeliner.


Abstract patterns are my favorite. It's SO FUN, like doodling on someone's face.


A tiger mask is super easy to paint. I like this stylized tiger pattern.


Here is a different abstract painting. 
Almost any kind of swirls will look great if you use two or more colors in your pattern.


Butterfly patterns are the most popular requests I get. Here is the standard butterfly face painting.


For a more elegant, adult look I shrink the butterfly and make it into an eye accent. This picture was taken at a sorority prom night. The pattern complimented her formal gown nicely.


This is my favorite butterfly pattern. It's a spooky butterfly. My daughter calls it an evil butterfly. We morphed  elements of a skull with the butterfly mask. Isn't it perfect for Halloween?


I made a video of how to paint this pattern. 
You can watch the time-lapse video of this pattern here.

See more of my face paint patterns here and here.

Have a beautiful day!




1 comment:

yourcyberhelper said...

I am now a follower of this blog. I was so excited as early as now to come up with a nice halloween get up and make up for Halloween 2014. Please let me pin any photos from your blog to my Pinterest board of best Halloween makeup ideas and face paint tutorials. please please please. I like it to share to my followers thats why. Keep on sharing interesting articles and good day ahead!
xoxo!
Best Halloween Makeup Ideas