For a Quick Reference

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Birthday kidnapping

Be patient with this pathetic rhyme.
I didn't have abundant time
To sit and think, through my language sift.
My time was spent preparing this gift.

Your trusty car was long neglected.
I thought, "It's time this was corrected!"
I drove it to my favorite lube shop
Where attendants laughed and shouted, "Stop!

"This car is four thousand miles o'verdue!
Don't you know what could happen to you?
We'll change the oil and inspect the brakes."
The good news is those both look great.

However the tires are much too bare.
We don't have a choice, they must be repaired.
If we drive much longer they will explode.
Then what would happen? Your head may implode!

I've ordered new tires after worry and fuss,
Tomorrow they'll arrive and be waiting for us.
I know you don't have a lot of spare time,
That's why this gift is especially fine.

I included a vanilla-scented tree
So each time you drive you'll remember me.

Happy Birthday!

This was the poem I left in Nathan's car for his birthday as one of his gifts. Sarah and I kidnapped it from the train station parking lot. We cleaned it completely out, vacuumed the carpets, and had maintenance work done. He never has enough time after work to work on his personal projects (like building a winch to remotely open the gate across our driveway), so we took care of these tasks as a way to free up some extra time for him.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Best. Birthday. Ever.