For a Quick Reference

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!
 Top things I loved today:
1- Homemade cards and a poetry book from our sweet children.

2- Breakfast from Mr. Kingsley: Wheat and Oat waffles topped with fresh strawberries, blueberries, %100 birch syrup, and freshly whipped cream. Delicious!!!!

3- Our annual Mother/Daughter tea party. We brought down dolls to join us this year, so Sarah had tea with the first 'nice' doll I had as a child.
4- We raided my glove drawer for every matching pair we could find. It was fun for Sarah to put on my gloves and pretend to be a lady.
5- Our friend Kaylie also enjoyed the novelty of wearing gloves.
6- We feasted on YUMMY food provided by chef Mr. Kingsley. He treated us with lemon scones topped with glaze, tuna cream puffs, tea sandwiches made with tomato and cucumber, fresh berries, and a variety of teas and gourmet drinking chocolates. It was so filling that we didn't even have dinner later. It was so fun to eat and chat with friends! I love this tradition.
7- I had a lovely nap on the couch while Nathan cleaned up from the tea party and did the dishes. I admit, I felt very spoiled and selfish to have him clean up the mess that he created just for me. (Sarah had fun with the camera for a bit here...)


8- I've been trying to emphasize my femininity more, so I finally painted my toenails. This is a big deal.
Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful, wonderful, selfless women! I'm so thankful for my own sweet mothers in my life, whether it is my own mom (whom I can never thank enough for all of her sacrifice, prayers, love, and lessons!) my mother-in-law, my grandmothers, cousins, and aunts. There are so many women that each have taught me how to be a better mother, and I appreciate their examples so much! 




No comments: