For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Notes

Happy Notes of my day-

I've loved watching a scissor-tail family of birds make a nest above our front door. There is a window above our door, so I can see them each time they swoop up to add something to their new home. When we stand outside the door, the birds hover and watch us to see what we'll do. I love their beauty and music. I really love having birds bless me every day!

Daniel and I stood near the front door and watched the myriads of butterflies eating breakfast in our giant bush. It's covered with white blooms right now, and each day our yard is full of butterflies of every color. I'm so thankful for the little beautiful creations God blessed our Earth with. It cheers me up so much! I love the smell as well. As soon as I walk out the door, a gentle wall of fragrance caresses my body.

It was fun to shuck corn at the grocery store with Daniel and see his consternation in trying to remove those tricky corn silk strands. He informed me they must be good fiber, so he decided he'd just eat them.

At the thrift store I found a sugar bowl and creamer that EXACTLY matches my silver tea set at home.What are the odds of that? I bought them. Now I can replace my flawed creamer with the broken handle.

At the checkout counter, the cashier was telling me about her grandson in the hospital. I shared some advice I learned in my Nursing classes. She appreciated the advice and gave me half of my items for free.

I read a blog this afternoon that really motivated me to be a better mother/wife. I want to be a queen in my home, not a maid. I realize now that the difference between the two is largely in my own attitude. This epiphany moment changed my day.

After reading said blog, I discovered that one of my dear children had played with the kitchen sink spray nozzle while I was upstairs. There were large pools of water on literally every counter top. Water was in some cupboards and even in the pantry (which is on the other side of the room, and the door was even shut! How did THAT happen to get wet?) Even the ones across the room. In the pools of water were my camera, 2 phones, legal paperwork, and a book. Thankfully the words from the blog helped me see the positive side: the floor was covered in water, so I just had to scoot around on towels to simultaneously dry everything and mop. I needed to mop anyway.

The children had an early release day from school, so we played in the sprinklers on the trampoline all afternoon. I loved watching them squeal in delight. I was cleaning the house when they decided to dry off, and they used every towel in the house. Then the muddy dog ran over my newly-mopped floor, proving yet again my theory of physics. My theory is that clean floors attract spills or dirt similar to the way magnets attract. It happens every time. I'm thankful I was able to laugh about it. I'm usually too uptight for that to be funny.

I called my sweet husband and gushed my love, adoration, and respect for him for several minutes. I resolved to express my love more in my actions. So I made BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, and peach cobbler for dinner.

No comments: