For a Quick Reference

Friday, May 14, 2010

Nathan's Poetry


For my modest Love....

In reverence, reflecting a diffident flower
does th' artist exalt in his zeal?
Does praising perfection from hour to hour
embolden a beauty unreal?
As life-loving lilies grow softer and brighter
than canvas can hope to compare;
so words, warmly formed, make the Love of the writer
not lovelier,
 only aware.


Nathan is often wooing me with poetry. I love it. Words can be so beautiful, and I feel like a fairytale princess when he writes verses for me. It is so romantic and singularly meaningful. Penned words will never wilt like bouquets, and never be fully consumed like chocolates. I'm so thankful that I'll have these words immortally stored in books for our posterity, so they'll never doubt the deep love Nathan and I held for each other. 

My favorite part of this is when I get to use his quotes in conversation. "As a great poet once said...."

 Delightful.

No comments: