For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Puzzles and Prophets



I love the fall. We eat pumpkin curry soup with crusty homemade french bread and sip hot cocoa topped with whipped cream while watching the deer graze outside our window. It's heavenly.

The air is deliciously crisp outside (which means it actually dipped below 74 degrees!).

Recently we spent a chilly Sunday afternoon sitting on plush cushions crowded around a little table. We were working on a family puzzle and listening to the prophet's voice. 





I treasure quiet days like this- my family all surrounding me in peaceful harmony.

I love listening to inspiring testimonies and feeling my spirit swell with good feelings. 

The gospel of Jesus Christ is such a beautiful blessing. It brings me so much joy, I can't imagine living without  it. 

My heart aches for those who stumble through life on their own, unaware of the peace and love freely given through the teachings of our Savior. 


Last night I made a killer garlic soup. It's the first time I've ever heard of- let alone tasted- garlic soup.

It's made with 40 cloves of roasted garlic, an onion, chicken stock, cream, and a squeeze of lemon.

MMMMMM. I have a new favorite recipe.

We shared this yummy meal with Nana Precious, our adopted Texan grandma.

She joins our family each month for a dinner and Family Home Evening. 

The kids adore her, and I particularly love her colorful personality.

Her house is eclectically decorated with all sorts of treasures.

I'll have to do a post all about her sometime....

Until then, enjoy the rest of the photos from our family afternoon working together on this puzzle.











2 comments:

Gail said...

I've tried doing puzzles a few times. We've gotten two put together, glued, and framed. Then Sam got old enough to climb on chairs and the frustration was simply not worth it. I've reluctantly shelved jigsaw puzzles for the next couple of years. How did you manage to avoid having Diego trash everything?

Unknown said...

Diego was asleep. Problem solved!