For a Quick Reference

Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween face painting ideas- flames and flowers

Here are a couple face painting pictures to get your creative juices flowing for Halloween. 

facepaint, flame mask

The flaming mask is pretty quick and easy to create. 

The mask pictured above only took 3-4 minutes to create during a recent gig. 

If you have the luxury of more time, add more detail and shading with yellow and black to make the flames look more realistic.

black and white line work face paint, flower pattern, elegant face paint

This is my very favorite pattern to paint. The black line work is so fun to paint. 

This pattern takes me about 3 minutes to create.

It's my most requested type of pattern at millionaire parties. 

For those parties I always add stick-on pearls or gemstones to add extra detail. 

(Unfortunately those clients don't let me take pictures, so I never have documentation 
of the more elaborate custom patterns I create for them! Drat.)

Below is basically the same floral pattern with color added. I think it's so gorgeous! 

I brushed on pearl powder to give it a nice shimmer.


I also really like tight flower patterns that stay confined to the cheekbone and eye. 

They look slightly more elegant and sophisticated compared to the 
sprawling half-face patterns I posted above. 

(See the pearls on the patterns below? I love them!)

face paint patterns for women, lady face paint, sophisticated face paint






2 comments:

Momomama said...

In case I haven't mentioned it lately, I love your blog!

Gail said...

Renae--I also have a picture of me last year as the Mommy Zombie. If you want a copy, I'd be happy to email it to you.

I probably promised to email it to you a year ago and forgot, along with tons of other things. Sleep deprivation, y'know.

There's also a photo in my facebook timeline. You can copy that if you want.

The photos you displayed are lovely! Pretty pictures on pretty faces. Except for Daniel, who was ruggedly handsome.