For a Quick Reference

Monday, September 10, 2012

Good Life

Nate and Matthew compare 'staches


I'm content to soak up all the good things the Lord has sent my way.

 The trees surrounding my home are majestically beautiful. The dappled sunlight dances across my window, sending spots of light racing across my bedroom walls. It makes my heart sigh in happiness.

I love walking down our gravel driveway to the mailbox and glancing into the eyes of the deer herd standing across the street. They freeze in place and gaze at me warily for several seconds before bounding away in the trees.

Diego is so kissably soft and playful. He shrieks in delight when I chase him across a room. His fat little legs are comical as he toddles and lurches at his fastest speeds.

We have a new van- YAY! I spent an entire day at various car dealerships haggling with salesmen. I found a nicer model than we expected and bargained the price lower than we expected. We are very happy with our purchase, and I feel like this was a gift from the Lord.

We are so happy now when we drive as a family. We each have our own seat belt (yup, we're law-abiding citizens again!)  and are no longer consigned to squishing into our sardine can car.

My darling Mr. Kingsley is so kind and romantic. He brought me home a bouquet of cheerful red flowers and gourmet chocolate for no special reason. The blossoms smile at me from the kitchen table everyday, reminding me of my handsome sweetheart. He rubs my feet at the end of the day and brushes my hair tenderly because he knows I love it.

I can't imagine life without him! How lucky we are to share our lives and grow old together.

What more could we ask for?

Life is good.

No comments: