For a Quick Reference

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Girls Night Out


Nathan and I take our kids out for date nights several times each year for quality one-on-one time. 

The child gets to pick what we do (within certain parameters...I'm not driving farther than an hour!)

Sometimes we go bowling or visit book stores or play at the park. We always go out for a treat at the end.

Lately Sarah has been begging me to take her to the mall.

Putting my own reservations aside (oh how I detest malls! They always make me unsatisfied with what I have at home!) we spent an evening strolling through girly stores.

We tried on cute hats and admired the latest fashions.

I needed to pick up some make up, so we stopped for make-overs at the Bare Minerals store.

She loved it!

It was so fun for Sarah to sit in the special chair while the make up artist made her feel glamorous.

She smiled in pleasure as the soft make up brushes glided across her skin. 

She deliberated long over lip stick colors before carefully selecting a lovely pink.

We stayed until closing time and then headed out for a late-night dinner at IHOP.

This date was extra special because we were able to share it with cousins and aunties. 

We had a delightful time giggling and chatting into the late hours of the night.

It's so fun creating memories together!


1 comment:

Joys Of Life said...


Hello,

I am visiting you through Blog Hops Everyday. You have a lovely blog and I love your content. I am now following your blog, please check out my blogs too and return the love: Empowered Mommy and Pregnancy Forum

Thanks for your time. :)