For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring time

Matthew's feet take him on so many adventures.

The weather is beautiful, the air is fresh and warm on my skin.

My children spend hours each day slowly swinging back and forth under the arms of my favorite trees.

Little bare toes wiggle in the dirt or go exploring for wildflowers.

Our pasture is full of blossoms. 

Yesterday we took a 'hike' on our own property to admire the sweet flowers.

It was like a treasure hunt.

The children built a play house in our pasture out of scrap wood. 

They did it all by themselves. 

They took me on a tour of their home last week.

Life is good. I am deeply content. 

The Lord is so good to us.

We are healthy and have beautiful nature surrounding us. Could I possibly want anything more?


Tangent Alert!

I've also had this song playing in my mind for days. 

It's funny in a twisted way.

I giggle about it mostly because of the artist's emphatic voice inflections when he sings. I can imagine him singing this in a 50's musical, skipping and dancing and looking very much like he is from the set of "The Music Man". 

 I promise I would never poison pigeons in the park.

The lyrics are here.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love those little bare toes. It is such a blessing to be able to recognize the simple joys that surround each of us.