For a Quick Reference

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Diego's turn in the spotlight

I can never get enough of his cuddly warm body. Time is flying by too quickly.


He lights up brighter than a Christmas tree when we say 'hello'. He laughs deeply over his brothers' little dances and tricks. His laughter is instantly contagious.


Each night when we put him in bed, he giggles and rubs his soft blanket over his cheeks. It's incredibly endearing.


I can't say enough how much we all adore him. His devoted fan club dotes on him daily.


When the Lord told me to have a fourth baby, I originally felt a bit like a martyr fulfilling His will. I agreed to follow His plan, but I wasn't very happy about it.

Now I see how foolish I was. My life was so incredibly enriched and expanded when Diego joined our family. How could I have ever doubted the Lord? I never before imagined I could love a baby as much as we love this one. We've even become better parents to our other children as a direct result of having this little boy around.


Oh the Lord is wise. He knew what I needed even more than I knew myself. I'm so glad I listened and obeyed.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Renae - he is so cute!!! I can't wait to meet him :) It makes me want our own future babies so badly! He seems like an angel :)

5boystokiss said...

Reading your comments about this little one, reminds me so much of how we feel about our #5. There is that primary song that says "God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be". It is so true! Our ability to love increases with each precious one. Thanks for sharing!