For a Quick Reference

Monday, October 25, 2010

Make today Worth Remembering


Matthew makes a jungle backdrop for a puppet show.


“You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays.
I don’t know about you, but I’d like to make today worth remembering.”
-Harold Hill from the Music Man
………………………………………………………….
This week is crazy.
Crazy busy.
So I thought I would share this quote… because it is exactly what I need to hear.
What is really important isn’t crazy or complicated.
It’s stopping to hear what my kids have to say.  It’s remembering to appreciate the little moments.  It’s knowing that it’s the little moments I’ll always remember.  Not the long list of things I have to do. I can never remember my list long enough to get it done anyway.
So today, even though I feel stressed and overwhelmed,  I promise I will take a little time to sit with the kids and read a fun book.  I’ll take the time to tell them more bedtime stories about Reepicheep, our made-up hero mouse.  I will strike up a good tickle-war just to hear Matthew's outrageous and contagious laughter. 
I’ll make today worth remembering.

No comments: