For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Finished Floor and Small Joys

Here is a picture of our finished home improvement project.The floor is finished and the base boards are put up. I'm pleased with the way it turned out.


I can't express enough how thankful I am to have my home back in order. It was so frustrating to have all the furniture stacked in our dining room, rear family room, and kitchen. We only had a tiny path leading to the back door so we could let our dog outside. The rest of the floor was covered with furniture. I decided that eating meals on the floor is too much to ask for Daniel. He was always a colossal mess at the end of the meal, and he left a large trail of food from his plate to his mouth. Not so fun, but endearing nonetheless. I am SO happy to have my kitchen back! I learned how much the kitchen truly is the center of our home and family life.

Daniel made a mask out of his garlic bread.

 I adore my family. I've been blessed lately with the most intense happiness just being around my sweet husband and children. I love how innocent and pure young children are. My heart thrills in their joys. In particular, I love the way Daniel adores feathers. One of our chickens is molting right now, so the backyard is speckled with bright white feathers. I was putting away Daniel's laundry yesterday, and as I closed the drawer a flurry of feathers popped out, filling the air with soft confetti. I love it. They are his treasures. He's been carrying feathers around in his little fists again. Yesterday he had enough feathers to look like he held a feather duster. He was so happy.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, how nice to have it done! Looks awesome! :-)