For a Quick Reference

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sunny Moments

Here are some recent 'sunny moments' from my life.

Our barn swift family roosting over our front door had 5 chicks this year, and they ALL lived! This past week has been such a special treat to watch all the babies learn to fly. It was so neat to watch them exercise their teeny wings while they parched precariously on the window ledges. I've really loved watching them grow. The children and I often tell the birds 'good morning, chicks!' and 'good night, little birds!'.

On a recent date night, Nathan and I were treated to complimentary drinks and dessert from our waiter. Dessert at this restaurant runs a hefty bill of $32, so this was no small gesture. We were surprised and delighted with the addition to our meal.

Earlier this month our dishwasher stopped working. I was talking with the repairman when he worked on fixing our problem (which included completely dismantling literally every piece on the inside of the machine). When I asked for the bill, he said it was free since we were a home schooling family. I was speechless.

Nathan and I started talking with a frisbee golf team we met in the park. Upon asking where to purchase discs, an older gentleman immediately gave us two of his own (a long-range disc and a short range disc) and proceeded to enthusiastically tell us where the best local ranges were. He had only known us for 2 minutes. I was touched by the generosity.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

What a good world we live in!!! Thank you for sharing... I love focusing on the good in the world.