For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bows and Arrows


Oh my goodness- I think I just earned the Worst Person of the Year Award. 

One of my student's parents came over today to pick up her child's art supplies. 

And I was away picking up a son from public school. And we have a strict rule about not opening doors for strangers. 

So when she knocked and peeked through the window, my kids ran and hid under their beds, arming themselves with their bows and arrows. The parent tried yelling through the door that she was just here to pick up her daughter's artwork. 

My kids thought it was a clever ploy by a clever burglar. 

What did they do? 

They creep out the back door (still armed with bows and several arrows each) and sneak around the perimeter of the property so they could put the bag of supplies on her car while she stood on the doorstep, calling me on the phone and peering through windows. 

Then the kids started to back away, keeping their distance and keeping the 'stranger' in sight.

I arrived just in time to see the kids make their Drop Off at the car. And just in time to see the mother turn around and discover two young archers that appeared to be stalking her. 

(To be clear, my kids were careful to keep the arrows pointed at the ground until a threat was obviously manifested.)

But still.

I'm mortified. And I can't stop laughing. The entire scene was absolutely hilarious. 

Terrible, just terrible.

(Editor's note- if you know me on Facebook, you've already seen t his post. I copied it here since my blog is 'supposed' to be a way I keep a family journal. I didn't want to forget this story! I apologize for the repeat if you've already seen this.)

No comments: