For a Quick Reference

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Art Classes

My students have been creating such beautiful work in the art classes I teach. It has been such a pleasure watching them grow in confidence and skill as the semester progresses.

Last week we finished our masterpiece work, a rendition of "Starry Night" by Van Gogh.  Their paintings vary from the original regarding the village in the lower right corner. I encouraged the students to take whatever artistic liberties they wanted so they could have fun and personalize their art. 

 I didn't manage to take pictures of every painting before they were taken home by some students. (And I've been kicking myself mentally ever since.)  But at least I photographed half of the canvases. 

In no particular order, here are some glimpses of their completed art. (And sometimes I stole a picture of the artist WITH their work. Most of the pictures are without their maker, just because I totally forgot to take photos before everyone left. I snagged the rest of the photos later in the afternoon after the paintings had finished drying. It's so delightful to see all my counter tops covered with drying canvases each week.)

Alright, moving on.

Here is a lovely student with her lovely work! This student is 11 years old, and look what a great piece she created!


This student is 8 years old. She is always so eager for art to begin and is so careful with her work. 


The boy in this picture is my youngest student, age 6. He's known for mixing the most unique colors in class. 



This artist is age 10. Isn't it beautiful! She has an innate ability that is so fun to watch!


This artist is age 8. I love her blue accents on the church.


And so is this one. I love the fruit orchard and gardener she added!


This artist is age 9. I love the care he took with the church building. Look at that detail!


This one is age 9:


This student is 8: 


Age 7:


Age 9:


Age 29 
(This student is a mother taking the class with her daughters. I think it's safe to assume all adult women are 29, right?) I adore the swirls of color in her sky! 


This last one is from my high school student. She's age 15, and already has received an offer for this painting from an interested buyer. What a compliment to her talent! 



No comments: