For a Quick Reference

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Weekend Plans


texas wildflowers

What are you doing this weekend?

Early this morning we are volunteering for a couple hours to clean our neighborhood park, even though we never play there. It's a good service project we can do as a family, so we're happy to contribute! I love opportunities to serve with my children, and am thankful for a chance to serve our own neighborhood. It's also a nice way to meet new neighbors, don't you agree? There's a special kinship forged through working together.

After we clean up, we're heading to a sprawling sheep ranch an hour away to meet with friends for the afternoon. My kids are looking forward to the large swimming pool and picnic. I'm looking forward to finally meeting my friend face-to-face. One of the miracles of technology is this: Jessica and I have 'known' each other for a couple years as we've both ventured into country life....but we've only met online and shared text-based conversations. We met through this blog and found much we had in common. After sharing emails for years, we decided it's high time we finally do something together.

After a day of playing in the sun, we head back to our own part of the county just in time for a dinner party and Nathan's performance with the Baghdad Boys Barbershop group. The lead singer has just graduated with his PhD and is celebrating with his professors and colleagues. This is a bittersweet farewell party to a dear friend as he prepares to move to Utah and begin his career.

It is a full day, but we get to do everything together as a family. It sounds pretty perfect to me. I have really cherished time with my Littles lately. My heart has been fed as we share stories, play games, and cuddle together. I'm so thankful for these days we get to share, and it makes me consider returning to home schooling again.





No comments: