For a Quick Reference

Friday, May 31, 2013

Priceless Gift


With his little hands tenderly cradling a fragile flower, my son looked deeply into my eyes.

With a sideways impish grin, he dramatically lifted the flower in the air as if it was an offering.
The rose was beautiful, with perfect petals framing the bright yellow center. There wasn't a single spot of imperfection on the silky petals.

Matthew solemnly announced, "This is for you, Mom."

I gasped in delight and exclaimed, "It's gorgeous! I didn't realize we had roses!"

With a goofy roll of his eyes, Matthew said, "Of COURSE we have roses! They're in the back of the property and I've been checking them everyday after school to find a good one for you. It's taken weeks of hunting, but I finally found a perfect rose today!"

I was speechless.

His words touched my heart. I had no idea he was searching for flowers for me. For weeks.

This gift from his heart spoke volumes to me.

At this moment, I see how motherhood brings life's greatest joys. How lucky I am to be his Mom!


No comments: