For a Quick Reference

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bucket list- Lighthouses and turtles


Nathan enjoys a sunset on the beach.
I'd always wanted to climb to the top of a lighthouse, so we visited the lighthouse in Laguna Madre. 

It was surprisingly scary to me. I don't like heights, and the inside of the tower is one big spiraling iron staircase. Without any sort of handrail or barrier to keep one from slipping off the stairs and falling down the middle. Yikees!

The view from the top landing was quite lovely. Check it out:




We enjoyed yummy seafood for lunch and picked up some shark tooth necklaces for our kids from a local craftsman. In the shade of a palm-topped bungalow, we found a man playing with several parrots. 
He let us play with his birds for quite a while. It was really fun- I love playing with animals!



We also visited the sea turtle hospital, where injured or sick turtles are rehabilitated and released. I always wanted to get close and personal with majestic sea turtles. It was delightful to lean over their tanks and watch them swim right next to me. They were so beautiful to observe. 


This baby sea turtle was so cute to watch bobbing around in the water.


This adult loggerhead turtle was swimming laps for us and waving his flippers in the air. Gorgeous!

I felt in awe of  God's beautiful creations and deep gratitude that I could see and enjoy them. I'm so thankful I'm not blind!!

No comments: