For a Quick Reference

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bucket list- horses on the beach


This was definitely the highlight of our trip for me.

I've always wanted to ride horses on the beach, haven't you? 

We unexpectedly canceled our snorkeling plans.
 (After learning about the resident sharks, alligators, and sting rays in this area 
my enthusiasm for snorkeling quickly became subdued.)

So instead of snorkeling in the bay, we opted for horseback riding for the afternoon.

I think Nate was pretty nervous- he'd never ridden a horse before. 
(Don't worry though, he did a great job and drew compliments on his horsemanship skills from the guides.)

He was always amazingly supportive of anything I wanted to do on this trip though, 
and I found out later that he had been completely uninterested at the thought of snorkeling and 
never mentioned a thing about it to me until after we canceled. 
He was so relieved we didn't do it!

This trip was something I saved up face painting money for months to finance, 
so he was adamant that I could choose everything we did, 
especially since he knew many of our planned activities were 
fulfilling life-enriching dreams I had harbored for years.

I was touched that he was so encouraging in my plans even when he was uncomfortable with the activity. 
What a nice guy I have the privilege to share my life with!


Let's get back to the horseback riding.


It looks so romantic in movies: 
the breeze teasing the horse's manes into the air, 
the surf dancing along under our feet, 
the breathtaking view of the ocean spreading out before us, 
splashing our horses into the foamy surf, 
and the pure magic of being astride a beautiful horse.

(Here I give a blissful sigh with dreamy eyes.)

It was everything I'd hoped it would be. 





No comments: