For a Quick Reference

Friday, May 18, 2012

Cowgirl Aspirations

Last week Sarah said, "I can't be a cowgirl since we don't have any large livestock. I guess I'll have to settle with being a chickengirl."


She thought, then added, "Somehow chickengirl doesn't sound quite as exciting."

Our little peeps eye the camera
One of my favorite play-writes, Oscar Wilde, says: "People who count their chickens before they are hatched act very wisely, because chickens run about so absurdly that it is impossible to count them accurately." 


He was right. I don't know exactly how many chicks we hatched this spring, because we can't count them before they all mix themselves up again!


As best as we can tell, we currently have around 35 chicks. When we add in our laying flock, we have a total of 50 chickens. Isn't that fun?


Sarah is planning on selling the eggs once these babies start laying in a few months. She's planning on calling them "Sarah's Eggleberries"


Tonight we begin building modifications in our chicken coop. We're remodeling the entire thing. Ripping down walls and building new floor plans.


Doesn't it sound like a perfect Friday-night date? (Okay, if you can't tell, I'm not even a little sarcastic here...) I really am excited. I love working side by side with my husband. He's such a heart throb!

No comments: