For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Close call with a painful sting

Today I had an unwanted intimate interlude with the scariest arachnid of all: the scorpion.

I was minding my own business, innocently reading scriptures out loud to my children, sitting on the tile floor in my pajamas and bare feet.

I became vaguely aware of something tickling under my toes. I ignored the sensation until I reached the end of the verse, then cast a quick glance at my feet.

This is what I saw hiding under my toes:


Yikes! Seldom have I moved so fast! 

I flew out of my seat and yelled for my knight to rescue me from this terrible (albeit a mere three-inch) demon. 

Somehow it was my lucky day and I wasn't stung, even though it had been crawling under my naked toes. 

This *delightful* incident happened 15 minutes ago and I still have goosebumps and heebie-jeebies. Guess what I'll be dreaming of tonight?

This:




3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my word Renae! I can't even imagine! Spiders are bad enough for us up here! I'm glad that your knight was there to rescue you - aren't husbands so wonderful? We love you all!

Jessica & Nathan said...

We lived in your old ward and everyone loved you guys so much that they always told us about you. Apparently we would have a lot in common. We recently moved to a farm too and I have already been stung by a scorpion! After lots of smashing, icing, and some mild cursing, that toe was numb for more than 24 hours!

Jessica & Nathan said...

It looks like we even have the same breed of rabbits and my husband is named Nathan too! WOW