For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Spider tamer

We have a lot of spiders residing in our new home. Really. I've never seen so many spiders in such a short period of time. I've also never seen such big spiders (tarantualas excluded). The legs on some of these span 5 or 6 inches! Imagine THAT living in your cabinets or closets! Yikees.

I used to be terrified of spiders. I'd run away squealing when I saw one. Now I'm thankfully desensitized.

I've been smashing every arachnid I find. I should have kept count how many have met a sudden demise in my home. I found over 25 in just one closet.

I think they are disgusting, but Daniel loves them. He loves all animals- even fire ants. He saw me killing spiders one day and was appalled at my apparant cruelty.

He scooped up a large spider (the legs were each 3 inches long) and cradled it in his hands to protect it from the ravages of my broom. The spider scamperd all over Daniel- crawling up his head and around his face. Daniel was delighted and giggled like it was the funnest game ever invented. I couldnt' believe my eyes.

Daniel played with this spider for a long time like it was a pet. I don't tell him when I'm going to kill spiders anymore.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are so brave! And what a sweet boy Daniel is.