For a Quick Reference

Friday, June 3, 2011

One step forward, Two steps back

I'm thankful for the lessons the Lord has been giving me. I feel thankful and cheerful even though we're taking a couple steps back in our progress.

This weekend we are working on the new house. We made so much progress! Nathan filled in the dog door that was permanently built into the side of the house. He patched all the broken drywall in the house. We scrubbed more rooms and prepped for painting. I scrubbed out bathroom cabinets and the master closet- which was full of spiders and dog poop stains. How does that get there?

Nathan and the children spent a sweltering day on the roof, ripping out the rotted roofing and replacing it. The children thought it was a grand adventure being on the roof among the oak branches and birds.

Nathan took off a wall in the master bathroom and we discovered crumbling drywall damaged from water. The tub tile doesn't have any wall to hold onto anymore. Nathan experimentally tapped a tile and it literally disappeared backwards into the wall space. Yikes. It looks like we have an non-functioning bathroom and it will be a huge project fixing this one. We'll have to remove another entire wall in the master room so we can replace the damaged drywall. Then we get to learn how to re-tile a bathroom.

Strangely, I didn't feel panicked or depressed over this new discovery. I thought to myself: "The pioneers bathed out of rivers or buckets of water- when they were lucky enough to have access to water. I can handle not having the luxury of using the bathtub/shower. At least I have running water! Thank goodness!"

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, what a project!