For a Quick Reference

Friday, March 11, 2011

Sunny Moments

Dan enjoys a music lesson from Daddy

I was blessed with a wonderful day full of life's little sunny moments today. I'm so thankful for life's little joys.

Daniel and I took the van for scheduled maintenance. We sat on the pavement in front of the van and watched the process while I taught him the little I know about engines and how oil functions in the engine. To Dan's delight, the mechanic in the pit waved to Dan from under the car, then the upper mechanic brought over the new oil filter for Daniel to sign before it was installed. Dan was so proud to have his signature incorporated in our vehicle. The mechanics brought parts of the van to us and explained to Daniel what they do. They also secretly gave me a discount for the services- which I didn't realize until I checked the receipt after we left. It was so nice of them!

While we waited for the van work to be finished, we explored a little grassy meadow next to the store. We picked dandelions and had contests to see who could blow the most seeds off in one breath. We giggled and enjoyed the sunshine and the butterflies. We played for an hour together, watching the little bugs scurry about in the grass. I'm so happy for little moments like this!

We went to a park and hiked in some undeveloped oak woods. It was so fun to explore the little creek and listen to the water babble on it's journey. The birds were calling loudly above our heads and the breeze made the leaves dance on the trees. There's something so fulfilling in wandering around large trees, out of site of the houses.

We watched squirrels dig up hidden nuts, then Dan dug in the dirt with a stick to find more. It was like looking for pirate's treasure to him.

I feel so blessed to have a day like this with my son. We found such pleasure in life's little joys. It makes me want to move. To the country. 

No comments: