For a Quick Reference

Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home...


I love my Mister Kingsley so very much! He's really the highlight of my life. He's always doing little acts that make my day joyful.

I love the fact that he always comes home from work whistling cheerfully the moment he walks in the door. We can hear it from every corner of the house, and the children and I all come running in excitement to welcome him home. I love it so much. Now whenever I hear whistling, I involuntarily smile and look about myself for my sweetheart. He always whistles the same melody when he enters our home. The lyrics start out with I'm so glad when Daddy Comes Home. He really does bring so much joy into our family!

Today it snowed here in Texas. It's a bit funny. No one here knows how to drive on ice, and society literally shuts down after a light snow storm. We had only an inch of snow this morning, but school and work were both canceled. While a mere inch of snow doesn't impress a girl from Idaho and a boy from Alaska, I'm delighted that we were blessed with an extra day together as a family this weekend. I love having Nathan stay home from work. I felt like it was really a holiday! I'm so happy being surrounded by my little children and the love of my life.

I hope your weekend is delightful! I'm looking forward to more cozy family time tomorrow.

No comments: