For a Quick Reference

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Wedding Day and Sunday

The wedding itself was so lovely. I really enjoyed being in the temple, after a bit of a scramble to get logistics worked out. I realized the day before the wedding that I had left my temple recommend behind in Texas, tucked safely away in my temple bag. Ugh. Instead of begging a neighbor to go break into my house and mail the recommend, I called the temple and explored other options. After a bit of phone tag with the temple office and my bishop, we were good to go- thank goodness! I was so grateful we were able to make everything work!

Early that morning they asked me to be their wedding photographer- yikes! I was happy to help, but nervous about the photography, since I don't really do portraits. Luckily they  had one other sister who was also taking pictures, so I hoped between the two of us we'd get some good shots.

It was so incredibly joyous to be in the temple surrounded by so many relatives-- this gospel is such a happy one! I'm so thankful for the doctrine of eternal families and the peace it brings.

The bride was radiant, the groom was happy, the setting was perfect. The wedding itself was a beautiful ceremony.

Outside the wind was a mighty force to be reckoned with, so the pictures were a bit tricky to do. I do think we were able to get some really great shots.










Kingsley sibling shot:




Kingsley brothers:


Peter, Katy, and Emily, waiting for the portrait session to end....


The reception was held in a big room in the historic Provo City Library. Joseph's favorite part was the bubbles. Oh, and the fruit skewers.




After the reception, we all played and played again with cousins before crashing for the night at the Zimmerman home. Our kids LOVE staying with the Zimmerman family since there are so many children to play with. They get to do sleep-overs with their cousins and stay up late giggling together until they fall asleep.

Sunday was lovely and spent - you guessed it- playing with cousins.




Here are Kingsley sisters, plus cousin Kristi (who really is more of a sister than a cousin anyway).


After attending church we convened again at Aunt MaryAnn's home to spend the last daylight hours together. We had had such fun singing hymns together for hours while cousin Kristi accompanied everyone on the piano. Oh it was marvelous!


We said sad good-byes to siblings as they began their journeys back home to Alaska, Delaware, and Minnesota. Then we parted ways and headed to Kristi's home to spend the next couple of nights.

No comments: