For a Quick Reference

Friday, February 21, 2014

DI update


It's Friday! Huzzah! We made it through the week!

Today we are finishing our last-minute preparations for tomorrow's DI tournament: filling out paperwork, calculating team expenses, packing all the backdrops and props into vehicles, going through costumes one more time to double-check everything.

It's been so rewarding to watch these kids grow so much this year. I've been so impressed with their skills as I've watched them sew costumes, write scripts, choreograph dances, build towers and bridges, work together, and overcome obstacles.

This week was their dress rehearsal for their families. We filled my library with chairs and people, and enjoyed watching the team nail their performance. We celebrated together over delicious refreshments before everyone went home.

This little group is one of the big reasons my blog has been pretty silent lately. I've been just a little bit busy.

But. Tomorrow is the competition. They are well-prepared and I'm quite hopeful that they will be a contender for the state advancements.

Even if they don't advance, I consider this year a success- they have learned SO much and forged strong friendships. They have grown in confidence and capability as they have mastered new talents.

Whether they advance or not, it will be good news for me. If our season ends with this weekend- fantastic! It will be a bit of a relief to have more time to myself again! If they advance to state- fantastic! We'll enjoy the adventure and have another 6 weeks of the DI season.

It's been such an adventure this year, and our kids have really loved it. I'm so thankful I have the opportunity to be their coach and share this journey with them.

No comments: