For a Quick Reference

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Birthday Wishes


Today I turn 30. 

Months ago I had dreamed of celebrating my birthday by renting an ice cream truck and giving out free treats at a local park in a poor neighborhood. Wouldn't that be such a life-enriching experience? I imagined the faces of children lighting up in glee when they were handed delicious treats. I'd feel like a summer-time Santa.

Then I found out the price tag for such an excursion ($400-yikes!) and decided to spread joy a slightly less expensive way.

So. I thought about things more and realized my truest joys come from Jesus Christ, and wanted to find a way to spread that love on my birthday.

Will you share your testimony of Jesus Christ today as your Facebook status?

Please tag me in your post so I can read your testimony!

The gospel is TRUE! Jesus Christ is REAL! He knows and loves each of us, and wants to guide us safely home to our Father in heaven. The power of Christ's atonement can transform your life, and this power is freely given to any who seek it. Isn't it marvelous?

This is such joyful news! I want to sing it from the rooftops!

Christ's original church has been restored to the earth under His direction, and He is at the helm of it today. I love my Savior with all my heart and look eagerly and joyfully forward tho the day He will return as King of Kings on this earth and reign in love and peace.

I KNOW Christ lives. I know He will come again. The Spirit has witnessed it to me so powerfully as to prevent any misunderstandings.

I truly hope you will find a safe refuge in Christ. This world is too troubled to live without faith and hope in Jesus,  the one who has power to mend every ill in society.

I hope your day is filled with joy and peace.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love this Renae! What a special thing to do for your birthday - especially because it is so selfless! You are such a great example to us, and I hope that you had a wonderful birthday!!!