For a Quick Reference

Friday, January 13, 2012

Tea Party

Tea Party table decorated with snowflakes
Yesterday Sarah invited over some friends for a tea party with their dolls. I was so excited to take pictures of such a cute occasion. Just my luck, my camera battery died after I took only one picture. Drat. I think I'll just have to arrange another tea party soon so I can snap away and practice my s-l-o-w-l-y evolving photography skills. 

 The girls chattered with excitement as they lovingly dressed each doll in beautiful clothes. They adorned their dolls with crowns which are really silver bracelets my mother-in-law gave me.....I can't handle wearing bracelets because they get in the way. As soon as I saw their true purpose in life (adorning doll heads) I knew they were keepers. 

Sarah and her friends had such fun drinking hot cocoa and eating treats. It was so fun to listen to their chatter while they practiced their manners. They reminded each other often on 'the proper way' to hold a teacup, with pinkies pointing straight up in the air like a radio tower. I hid my giggles so as not to offend them. 

It is so fun to watch my little girl create these fun memories. It's the meaningful moments like this that I feel like I'm being a good mom. 

No comments: