For a Quick Reference

Friday, September 23, 2011

What's in a name?

Matthew and Daniel with Gwendolyn
Our little patch of country needs a name. I can't decide on only one name, and I can't imagine having 10 different names for our little farm-to-be.

I can't decide if I should go with a cheerful name evoking images of happy children playing with baby animals or if I should lean towards more humor. (What? Humor in a name? Our chicken coop is called "The Chick Inn")

Here are my favorite names:

Royal Oaks (the children's current favorite since it plays on the KINGsley name)
Bit of Heaven Homestead
Sunnyside Cottage
Bella Vie Farm
Heart's Desire 
Belly Acres
Pitter Patter Plot
Serendipity Acres
Justamere Farm
Busy Solitude Farm (from a quote by Voltaire:"The happiest of all lives is a busy solitude")
Kingsley Croft ('croft' is a Scottish/Irish word meaning a 5-10 acre farm)

See what I mean? They are all so cute/funny/meaningful. Blast. How can I ever pick?

I'm tempted to make a dozen signs to post on our driveway gate, they can all have a different name. I suppose that would look too messy/ugly.

This is where I need your help. I want to know which is your favorite.

8 comments:

Janelle said...

my favorites are Justamere Farm (because it sounds all stately but also is funny!) Or Kingsley Croft!

Teresa said...

I like Kingsley's Croft.

Randy said...

Go simple... The Circle K
K is for Kingsley, of course
Makes for a good cattle brand too...
and, my favorite movie quote fits: "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K Ted"

Angela S said...

Kingsley Croft is my favorite too!

Tianna said...

I like Royal Oaks alot. I also like...Royal Acres, King Country or King corner etc., Majestic Farms/Majestic acres. Good luck. You have alot of great options.

Unknown said...

Tianna, what great ideas. Blast. Now you've ADDED to my list of good names, thus increasing my indecision. Yikees.

Stefanie said...

I see your dilemma...my 2 favorites are Kingsley's Croft & Royal Oaks. Can't wait to hear what your family decides to go with!!!

Tianna said...

Sorry. I didn't mean to add to your list confusion. Forget about the list for a while and pick it up later. When you aren't worried about it, it will come to you. Good luck. Tianna