For a Quick Reference

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Night Games










Matthew learns how to use a power drill

One of my favorite memories from my childhood is when the neighborhood children would gather to play night games on our quiet dead-end street. It was so exhilarating to dash through dark yards trying to catch shadows of friends. Did you ever do that? I fondly remember playing Kick the Can, No Bears are Out Tonight, and Freeze Tag.

I wished my children could play games like this and experience the fun that I recall.

This week I had an epiphany. We CAN play night games here!

Our yard is large enough to accomodate these games, and we have 10 children living next door to join in our games.

I've been teaching a new game to the group of eager students each evening. Now our friends beg their parents each day to let them come over to play at our house.

We have had SO MUCH FUN together!  I've found a great book full of group game ideas. Now our kids are eager each day to discover what new activity we'll learn.

I'm so giddy.





The boys enjoy Popsicle while chickens watch with envy

No comments: