For a Quick Reference

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Catch up, Part One

We were blessed very much to have Nathan's 20 year-old brother, Adam, stay with us for a couple of weeks and help take care of the family while I was sick in bed with hyperemesis. It was so helpful to have him here! I'm so thankful for his service. He is now making final preparations before leaving next week on his 2-year mission to New York City. Yay!

We drove him back home to Illinois the week before Christmas. It was SO lovely to spend Christmas with Nathan's family! His mom's home is just like a slice of heaven. I feel like a sponge, just soaking up all the wonderful feelings of unrestrained joy and love pervading the home. I feel so motivated to go home a kinder person, a harder worker, and a better Christian. 


Daniel reacquaints himself with 'snow'.
Here are some highlights from our trip.

The day before Christmas we were surprised with a wonderful snow storm! Our Texan children were ecstatic. They played in the snow and sledded in the backyard for hours on end. They take after their dad and really love the cold. They played without even coats, and at times they went shoe-less in the snow. 

Daniel and Sarah impervious to the temperature.

I couldn't persuade them to dress warmer. While they were behaving like penguins, I was huddled by the crackling fire, dressed in military-issue thermals and sweaters...I must be a true Texan at heart. :)

Grandma Kingsley is famous for her beautiful gingerbread houses. This year she made gingerbread homes for each grandchild to decorate. It was so fun! They each had their own little piping bags of royal icing and tables full of candy to choose from. They were so proud of their designs. It was a sad sad thing when we drove home and left the gingerbread houses behind.


The adults took a day to visit the St. Louis temple and attend a session. I really love attending temples around the country. They are each so beautiful and I relish the spiritual power within the building. I was very grateful for the opportunity to attend the temple. I love having such unrestrained communion with the Lord and finding out where I stand with Him. I learn so much about myself and God every time I go. 
Afterwards Nathan and I treated everyone to dinner at an Italian restaurant. 


No comments: